Baked Eggs over Bratwurst and Potatoes by The Hungry Giant
(serves 2 – 3)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 pieces bratwurst/hungarian sausage, sliced thinly, around 125 grams each
- 4 strips of bacon, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- half a bulb of garlic, minced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 small potato, around 150 grams, peeled and diced small
- 50 grams green peas
- 4 – 5 eggs
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- Spanish paprika, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Chili flakes, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180 C/ 350 F. In a pan, heat the oil. Add the garlic and the onion. Saute until fragrant.
- Add the potatoes and cook until it starts to brown at the sides.
- Toss in the bacon and saute until it starts to render. Add the sausage slices and mix together.
- Add the peas. Season with salt, pepper, cayenne, paprika.
- Remove the pan from heat and crack the eggs over the mixture. Season the yolks with a little bit of salt, pepper and paprika.
- Place the pan in the oven and allow to cook for about 15 minutes or until the yolks are set but still slightly runny. When done, remove from the oven, garnish with chili flakes and serve warm with rice. Enjoy!